Friday, September 19, 2008

Feeling better

I have been negligent on my posting to this blog. When I started it, I thought it would be something I would post to every day or two, but life has kept me busy.

Overall, I am feeling better. I am now taking my medication on a six-hour interval throughout the day. I started this regiment about 10 days ago, and I only had one (small) panic episode. I managed this episode successfully with breathing exercises and mindful thinking.

I am not sure how much longer I will continue this medicinal regiment, but I will give it several weeks and see how I feel.

Additionally, I've tried to slow down and not rush myself. I don't streak through yellow lights; I try to get ready for work at a slower pace; I make lists to help me remember.

And I can't forget Time. It's been several weeks now, and I am guessing that time will heal these wounds too.

Thanks to everyone who stops by and leaves a message of support. It's nice to know people are out there.

2 comments:

Terri said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better. You've done some really good work here, taking this on in such positive ways, asking for help, sharing your insights. There are lessons here for all of us - especially the slowing down!

Many blessings, Jill.

Laura said...

Great news, Jill! I'm pleased to see your plan is working for you.

Lists ... Love 'em and I couldn't live without 'em!

Slowing down ... now there's something I could learn to do.

Thanks for sharing!!